The original recipe was from Studio 5, but I tweaked it and it's (in my never to be humble opinion) even better!
I am not a baker, so I like shortcuts when it comes to baking desserts. Thats why I use the Rhodes "Anytime' Cinnamon Rolls. If you want, you can make your own dough or use the "regular" Rhodes frozen Cinnamon Rolls but you'll have to place them in a non-stick sprayed pan, cover loosely with non-stick sprayed plastic and let rise 2 hours in a warm place-too much effort when I want my dessert NOW!
12 Rhodes Anytime! Cinnamon Rolls (comes in 6 pack rounds-need 2) thawed, but still cold (easier to cut when cold).
1-21oz. can apple pie filling; dice up apples in mixing bowl.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (to make crumbs mash graham crackers in a plastic bag)
1/2 chopped pecans (opt.)
2 packets cream cheese frosting (included with cinnamon rolls)
1 cup of caramel ice cream topping
- Cut rolls into four pieces and arrange in a non-stick sprayed, 9x13 pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine apple filling, brown sugar, cinnamon, graham cracker crumbs and pecans.
- Sprinke apple mixture over cinnamon rolls.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until well browned.
- Combine the 2 packets of cream cheese frosting with the caramel topping then heat in microwave for 30 seconds or more until it's a "pour-able drizzle" mixture. Drizzle over top of individual, warm slices of apple-cinnamon rolls right before serving. "Welcome Fall!"