Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli
Serve this over cooked rice or omit the chicken, double the broccoli and serve over baked potatoes.Ingredients:
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts (I used frozen-no need to thaw)
- 1-14 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1-16 oz. Velveeta cheese block; cut into small cubes
- 1-14.5 oz. chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime salt free seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1 large head of broccoli; cut into small florets and steam for 3 minutes or until crisp tender-Don't over cook the broccoli!
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Inside the slow cooker whisk together cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, salt, Fiesta Lime seasoning, and garlic salt.
- Place frozen chicken breast in next, submerging them into the soup mix.
- Add cubed Velveeta on the top then cover with lid and cook on low for 5-6 hours. (My crock pot finished cooking the frozen chicken after 5 hours on low).
- When chicken is done remove from slow cooker and shred into bite size pieces. Add and whisk in sour cream until sauce is smooth. Add the steamed broccoli, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded chicken and fold gently into the sauce.
- Serve over cooked rice.