Chili Cornbread Pie Shortcut
When you don't have time to make chili from scratch. Just open a can of your favorite chili and top it with a corn bread muffin mix, throw it in the oven and Bam! dinner is done.
This recipe serves 10
5 cans (15 oz. each) of your favorite canned chili.
2 cups of frozen corn.
2-(7 or 8.5) dry corn bread muffin mix.
2 small cans mild diced green chilies, drained (opt).
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or monterrey jack).
Sliced avocado, salsa and sour cream-for garnish(opt).
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Non-stick spray a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Add chili and corn to baking dish; stir to distribute the corn evenly into the chili.
- In a separate bowl, follow the directions on the back of the corn muffin mixes to make the batter.
- Stir drained green chilies and the shredded cheese into the wet, corn muffin batter; top the chili with the corn batter and spread evenly on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with avocado slices, salsa and sour cream.